Menu

HOME      BOUTIQUE      FREEBIES      TUTORIALS      STUDIO      SUBSCRIBE     

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Printing a Background onto a Card Blank

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

You want to know how I printed my background paper designs onto my card blanks to make these cards?

Using a temporary spray adhesive I stuck my card blank onto a blank sheet of paper & popped it into my printer. I then printed my paper design, lifted the card away from the backing paper ... & voila! A printed card base : )




The colour of your card blank will affect the printed result you get of course. And spray the adhesive only very lightly. You need just enough to stop the card slipping whilst it is printing. Too much and it will leave a residue on your card.

For these, I used cream card blanks by Papermania (you can still see their original colour on the inside) & printed onto them with paper designs in Halloween Putty from 'Spooky Doodlies'.

Very quick. Very simple. And I loved how they turned out : )


Love Liz xx


Backing Papers, Images & Sentiments: 'Spooky Doodlies' Collection.
Scallop Edge Card Blanks: Papermania
Green Ribbon: Berisfords
Black Velvet Ribbon: Poppicrafts

5 comments :

  1. Great tip Liz thanks for sharing, I love these scallop edged card blanks so will definitely give this a go. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz - thx for sharing this. Simple but so effective! I just love your new doodles! I bet you have some fabulous Xmas ideas too, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Have been going to try this for ages but lacked the courage. Thanks for doing all the R and D so to speak. Have lots of Craftwork Cards scalloped card blanks and am definitely going to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip thnk you so much, I much prefer printing straight onto my card base as it saves me having to line things up later on.
    Thanks again
    Wendy
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz,
    I'm a new carmaker, and I've been searching the web for months, for ideas.
    I must tell you that your designs are my very favourites!!
    I just downloaded one of your dig's.
    Now I have to figure out how to use it:)
    Thanks for the tutorials.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete