To Stitch ... Or Not To Stitch




Some cute rustic-style little birdie note cards I made with my new 'Sweet Tweets' Image Stamps : )

The Kraft card bases are 105mm square.
'Sweet Tweets' images printed onto little blue roses patterned paper from 'Vintage Rose' and also onto 'Little Polka Dots' in Pebble.
Little blue roses papers cut to 85mm around each image, and then trimmed with pinking shears.
Little birdies cut out of dotty paper and used to paper-piece the birdies on the blue roses paper.

When I'd finished them, I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to add some stitching. So I tried some with stitching and some without...



... and I loved both! What do you think? To stitch ... or not to stitch?



Card Credits
Card Base: 105mm Kraft card blanks
Patterned Papers: 'Little Blue Roses' from 'Vintage Rose' and 'Little Polka Dots' in Pebble. from the Colour Collection.
Images with Sentiments: 'Sweet Tweets' Image Stamps
Pinking Shears

22 comments on To Stitch ... Or Not To Stitch

  1. I can't decide either, I think I'm more inclined to say "stitch" on this one as it matches the style of the card quite nicely but the "not stitched" one works just as well, both are lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I like the stitched version best :-)
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are both very sweet and equally stunning. The designs are so simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching works great Liz, but fills me with dread lol
    Terrific cards....as always
    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. me thinks...... to stitch...... wonderful cards and images yet again x

    ReplyDelete
  6. both really pretty Liz but stitching maybe adds a little something more, but then I love my sewing machine lol!...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Liz! I'm loving your adorable cards!!! I've already purchased your Sweet Tweets bundle - but now I'm trying to find the Vintage Rose paper... am I missing something? The links don't work here and I can't find it in the store. EEEEEK... can you help please? :D Thanks!

    loriaragon4jesus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops ... sorry Lori!
      Vintage Rose is *here* http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/vintage_rose/vintage_rose.php
      ... and the links should work properly for you now : )
      Thanks ever so much : )
      Liz
      xx

      Delete
  8. Definitely stitch - it gives extra dimension and texture to the card. Seeing the two together, one looks as if it is missing a final 'something'. Thank for your inspiration.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz,

    Love both cards, but really believe the stitching makes it look more classy.

    Regards,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd stitch...........that is if I had the time.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards....I like the stitched one best. x
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. No doubt stitching gives it much more pizazz. Now - must have a go at the way you paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To stitch - as always! I seem to think cards aren't done until they've been through the sewing machine :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I prefer the stitched one. Would love to give this technique a try. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stitch. I love stitching on cards, it really adds character to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stitched one for me, I am a bit addicted to paper stitching these days. Lovely card. Lolo xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stitch, definately. Love it. Jools. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of them but i do find i am doing more stitching on cards these days, i think it quite effective...

    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them both Liz and that lovely paper too. I have a few cards with your papers on my blog now, you can see I'm a fan lol. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to go with the stitched version. I stitch on almost all my cards because I think it just adds a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving both cards,but the stitched one just adds the extra wow x

    ReplyDelete