Sweet Apricot. I adore this colour. Absolutely a-d-o-r-e it. It is definitely my new favourite : )
I've used it on this card, in Little Polka Dots and a Solid Colour from the Colour Collection. I wanted the colour to be a main feature of the design, but without being overwhelming. So I chose a plain white background, to give the colour maximum impact, added highlights in green for contrast and finishing touches in neutrals so they enhance the design but don't distract the eye from the colours. There's a mix of textures for interest. And I made a matching card using 'Irish Linen' because they work just beautifully together.
This is how I made them ... .
You will need ...
A6 White Card Blank
A mat in the same White card
Patterned Papers cut into circles of different sizes
Jute Mesh for the background
Natural Button Twine
A selection of buttons in different sizes and co-ordinating colours
1. Cut out your mat so it measures 1cm less in both width and height than your card base. Wrap it to the reverse at the top and bottom, and applying your adhesive to the reverse side only, fasten it down.
2. Tie your Kraft Twine around it at the top and into a bow.
3. Scrunch up your paper circles tightly ...
4. ... open them up, and layer them to make a lollipop flower. Printing onto a lightweight paper is better for these. The lighter the weight of your paper, the easier it is to scrunch. And you get a better scrunched effect too.
5. Glue them together, add your button to the top, and your leaves to the back to complete your flower.
6. Secure it to your mat, letting the leaves slightly overhang the edge of the card for a soft effect. Punch or cut out your sentiment and using 3D Foam Pads for dimension, secure it to your mat.
7. Complete your embellishment with pretty little pearls and smaller buttons. And secure your completed mat centrally to your card base, leaving a 0.5cm border around each edge.
And your card is finished!
Here's a close-up of the design in 'Irish Linen' ...
More cards to add to my collection of ready-to-go 'Thank You' cards : )
- Card Base and Mat: Hand cut from 340gsm White Card from Century Paper on eBay
- Sentiment: 'Thank You' Sentiments, printed onto the same card and cut out with Spellbinders Dies
- Fabric Leaves, Ivory Jute Mesh Ribbon, Natural Button Twine & Pearls. All from The Ribbon Girl
- Buttons from my local haberdashery