Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge ~ Shades Of Lavender

There's a brand new Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge today : ) And the colour palette this month is gorgeous - 'Shades of Lavender'.

And these are my cards : ) I made two cards which are essentially the same. I've used the same pattern, layout and colour palette for both of them. I've just styled them slightly differently.



The first has a clean, pretty style. The Card Base is Natural Calico from the 'Natural Neutrals' Paper Pack, layered with 'French Script' patterned paper from 'Just An Old Fashioned Girl' and it is finished with a pretty felt die-cut rose and a silk ribbon.

The second has a slightly more rustic style, with distressed edges on the paper and it is finished with a more casual, loopy flower felt die-cut & rustic button twine. The Card Base is Soft Stone from the 'Natural Neutrals' Paper Pack, also layered with 'French Script' patterned paper from 'Just An Old Fashioned Girl'

The sentiments are *these*.



The products I've used this month are ...

Green & Purple Vintage Wool Felt Squares, from the new Vintage Collection, (isn't it gorgeous? It cuts & holds it's shape b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y!)
Natural Button Twine,
Lavender Pure Silk Ribbon,
Lilac Small Plain Buttons

All from The Ribbon Girl : )

I also made some cute little candles using Mary's Dried French Lavender Flowers too. I made them in exactly the same way as I make my Teacup Candles - a la this ... using little white ramekin dishes as my containers. You know the ones that those all-too-tempting little desserts from the supermarket are in ... the ones which we religiously wash and pop in the back of the cupboard to use & which we've got a million of by the end of the year? They're those. Free candle containers : )

I added a little lavender oil to the soft wax and sprinkled the dried lavender flowers onto it after I'd poured it into the ramekins. The flowers are light & delicate so they float on the wax. And they sit on the top as the candle burns down too so it always looks just as pretty. You don't need too many for each candle either. Just a sprinkling. A bag of Mary's flowers goes a long way!


If you'd like to join in with the Challenge, the rules are very simple ... just make a new project using a Lavender Colour Palette, share it with us on The Ribbon Girl blog, and have fun doing it!

And don’t forget to pop over to The Ribbon Girl’s blog, and see all the lovely inspiration the other Design team members have created for you.

There are two pretty prizes for the randomly-chosen winner ... the closing date is 9pm (UK time) Saturday December 1st ... and I hope you can join us!



Card Credits
Card Base: Natural Calico & Soft Stone from the 'Natural Neutrals' Paper Pack
Patterned Paper: French Script from 'Just An Old Fashioned Girl'
Sentiments: Free Simple Gift Tags
Large Rolled Rose & Loopy Bloom Flower Dies by MFT
Vintage Wool Felt Squares, Natural Button Twine, Lavender Pure Silk Ribbon, Lilac Small Plain Buttons. All from The Ribbon Girl

8 comments on Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge ~ Shades Of Lavender

  1. I'm loving your cards and loving using the new PP Christmas paper and sentiments ... Love your candle ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single thing you do! Might need to make some candles now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Liz!!! Two beautiful cards- loving the loopy flower!! Inspired be to dig out the candle making kit again!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful - my fave is the more rustic version. Love that bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such gorgeous creations Liz ! Really love the idea of lavender candles, I will add to my list of 'things I must try'...one day I'll tick them all off !!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! your flowers are cute! I made same,too.
    Thank you so much!

    ↓here

    http://chin-ju.blogspot.jp/2013/02/2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    your flowers in cards are so gorgeous!
    I made same things,too.
    Thank you so much!

    here ↓

    http://chin-ju.blogspot.jp/2013/02/2.html

    ReplyDelete