So there's just a few days left to go until the Christmas holidays get into full swing. And time can be a little precious right now can't it? But if you still have crafting you'd like to do, I have have a couple of ideas to share with you over the next couple of days which are lovely, take only a few minutes to make and need nothing more than a couple of sheets of plain white card & a few of the bits & bobs you have lying around your craft room.
The first one is this pretty white Star Garland. It needs only the minimum of supplies and I think you'll be surprised how quick this is to make. I'll show you how to make one : )
You will need ...
Star shapes, cut or punched from White Card
Natural Kraft Button Twine
1. Cut out your stars and punch small holes through the centre of each one. The hole needs to be just big enough to thread the button twine through.
2. Decide how long you'd like your finished garland to be, and cut a length of button twine twice that length, plus a few inches extra to create a loop at each end to hang it. Fold it in half to double the thread. And starting a few inches from one end, tie a small knot.
3. Thread the twine through your first star ...
4. ... and tie another knot to hold it in place.
5. Repeat this sequence - knot, star, knot - until your garland is the required length, leaving about 3 inches between each star.
Leave a little at the other end for hanging. And your little Star Garland is finished!
Isn't it lovely?
Now hang it up, stand back and admire your work. Or pop it in a Gift Box - it would make a wonderful gift!
- White Card
- Star Dies: Papertrey Ink
- Hole Punch: Crop-A-Dile by WRMK
- Button Twine: The Ribbon Girl
- Small Kraft Box: Hobbycraft