Hi everyone! Today, I'm going to show you how to make this little Pennant Heart Garland : )
It's very simple and quick to make & needs only a few supplies. It's perfect for Valentine's Day, or Wedding Day celebrations and it's fun to do too.
You will need ...
Patterned paper, cut or punched into pennant shapes
Small punched hearts
Natural Kraft Button Twine
Before you can begin to put your garland together, you need to
- cut a length of button twine to the length you'd like your finished garland to be, adding a little extra to create a hanging loop at each end.
- and create your pennants, by cutting or punching them from patterned paper. It's easier to get a neater finish if you fold your paper first, and then cut them.
If you're using a punch to cut them, like I did, slip the folded end into the punch, positioning it slightly short of the top edge, so it doesn't cut.
You can cut your pennants to any size you like. Mine were a little over 1 1/4" x 2 1/2" (3 1/2cm x 7cm)
Once you have those, you're ready to put your garland together : )
1. Open up one of the pennants and add some adhesive to the inside. Lay the end of your twine across the centre ...
2. ... and fold the pennant together.
3/4. Leaving a space of about 1/4" (or 1/2cm), add your next pennant in the same way.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have reached the end of your length of twine, leaving a little at the other end for hanging.
6. Add glitter to the little hearts.
7. Stick one onto each of your pennants.
And your little Heart Garland is finished!
Lovely, isn't it?
- Patterned Papers: 'French Script' in Jet Black & White. From The Colour Collection.
- Triangle Punch: Woodware Super Duper Tall Triangle (Lilac)
- Heart Punch: Woodware Regular Heart (Orange))
- Crimson Glitter: Making Memories
- Button Twine: The Ribbon Girl