Happy New Year!



No, really it is. Besides being Valentine's Day, today is also the start of the Chinese New Year celebrations.

I wanted to make a card, but not having anything particularly Asian-inspired at Pink Petticoat, I had to put my thinking cap on and be a little extra-creative.


And I came up with this using one of the 'Trendy Trees' Image Stamps. I focused mostly on the colour palette & shapes I used, aiming for more of an interpretation of Asian-style rather than trying to achieve something very specifically Chinese. And I was really happy with the way it turned out. An interpretative approach also allowed me to take a little creative license with my design & use more pink for my plum blossom-style embellishments instead of red, which is more traditional for Chinese New Year cards - and I liked that : )



Card Credits
Papers : 'Washed Out' in Cream from the Colour Collection & Sassy Pink
Card Blank (trimmed): Papermania
Image: 'Trendy Trees'
Sentiments: 'Tiny Typed Alphas'
Flower Embellishments & Crystals

2 comments on Happy New Year!

  1. `Gorgeous` Liz..
    Happy Valentines:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kung hei fat choi, Liz! I am part Chinese and really appreciate this lovely blossom card you've made! Here is the one I made for my blog friends...


    http://maryjdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/02/kung-hei-fat-choy.html

    Hope you like!

    ReplyDelete