Anything But A Christmas Card


The card I made to launch the 'Celebrate Spring!' Competition : )

It was nice to make something that wasn't a Christmas card. Christmas cards are actually my favourite cards to make. And every year I love to get started on them. But I'm usually more than ready to start creating something different when the festive season is all finished, aren't you?

So I thoroughly enjoyed making this Lollipop Flower card.

Lollipop Flower cards tick all the right boxes for me. Because they're simply punched out shapes, they're quick & easy to make and great for using up scraps and I can be as creative as I like with them. Any colour combination, any centre, any leaf or stalk shapes. Pretty, simple or overloaded with embellishments - anything goes with these really.

They're something a little bit different to give to someone. And usually very well received as well.


And for this one ... I got to play with my new 'Tiny {Sweetheart} Sentiments' too. They're my new favourites : )




Thank you all so much for visiting this week. Enjoy your weekend everyone!



Card Credits
Card Blank: Cut from a sheet of Handmade Paper
Papers : 'Washed Out' from the Colour Collection in Goldenrod, Orchid, Papaya, Pistachio and Sage (from my scrap box)
Scallop Edge: cut from a Papermania Card Blank printed with 'Kraft' card design
Sentiment : 'Tiny {Sweetheart} Sentiments'

Flower Button: Making Memories
Woodware Craft Punches
Tiny Pearls, Button Twine

4 comments on Anything But A Christmas Card

  1. Wow hun this is so striking love the idea and the little pearls are just perfect.....

    Just wanted to say I love the ideas that you and your design team are posting it really is lovely to see so much pink petticoat gorgeousness!!!! I really look forward to seeing what you fab ladies will be coming up with next, i'm sure there is plenty more to come this year.... I first started blogging after visiting the pink petticoat blog quite by accident when I started crafting and i'm so glad I did thanks for the inspiration and I look forward to lots more pink petticoatness in the future!!!

    Many Thanks Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, everyone, the card looks better in the flesh than it does in the picture!!
    Thank you Liz, I received the gorgeous chalk pencils today and I had a lovely surprise when I found your Lollipop Flower card in the box too :)
    I cant wait to see the new papers, they sound lovely.
    Thank you again,
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant to say 'even better' lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. More new paper's and design's..... i can't wait i love shopping at Pink Petticoat.... Thank's Liz and the DT team ,i look forward to see what you come up with.... jules xx

    ReplyDelete