I have 2 new sets of sentiments to add to the Boutique this week : ) They are both especially for Mother's day cards.
I'm going to preview one of them for you today, and the second one for you tomorrow.
This first set is called 'Lovely Mum'.
And here are the details ...
- the set contains 14 sentiments
- they are a combination of individual 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiments and little verses and phrases
- they are different sizes, so suitable for different sized cards
- they are in a very feminine, mixed-typeface style
- the retail price will be £2.99.
These are the sentiments included in the download.
They are suitable for cards and gift tags.
Also included are some matching inserts to fit various different card sizes.
And you can find them *here* in the Boutique.
I used the two largest sentiments from the set for my cards and matching gift tag.
Here's my little step-by-step guide to making them ...
You will need ...
135mm white card blanks (mine are 300gsm from Papermania)
'Lovely Mum' Sentiments and Tags printed onto a patterned paper. I chose 'Brocade' and 'Hydrangeas' in Putty. From the Colour Collection. And I printed onto 300gsm white card.
Scrunched Seam Binding in White
Hydrangea flower from Prima
Tiny Green Pearl
3D Foam Pads
1. Cut around your sentiments creating a 115mm square.
2. Sew two rows of freestyle stitching around the front edge of your card blank, leaving enough space to place the sentiment layer inside. I stitched between 3-5mm from the edge.
3. Sew two rows of stitching around the edge of your printed sentiments. And along one side of the greeting.
4. Adhere your sentiments to your card blank using 3D foam pads, placing them in the centre, inside your stitched border.
5. Wrap your seam binding across both layers, and tie it into a pretty, casual bow. And add your hydrangea, trimmed with a little pearl, to finish.
I followed exactly the same process to make the matching gift tag, trimming a folded card blank to 85mm wide, 130mm length. And cutting around the sentiment to create a rectangle 70mm wide and 115mm length.
If you'd like to win both of the products I'm releasing this week, simply leave a comment on either this, or tomorrow's release post. Or both if you like. Every comment will be entered into the draw to select the winner. And I'll select and announce the winner here on the blog as the products go live on the web site on Wednesday.
*** Random winner now selected. Comments are now closed.***
And I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about the second set. And if you love to put buttons on your cards ....