Just Change One Thing

I made a few of these cards this weekend. This one, and the one from yesterday's post.

Partly, because I liked them. And we all like to like the cards we make to give, right?
And partly because the design of yesterday's card and the design of this one are fundamentally the same. So I was able to produce all the elements and put the cards together quickly & simply. I really only changed one thing - the background.

I started with the same elements for both cards ...
- the same Soft Stone card base
- the same Sweet Almond mat
- the same Glitter Stars
- the same Baker's Twine
- the same size & style of Sentiment

I simply replaced the printed backing paper I used yesterday, with a backing of die-cut hexagons.

I then tweaked the layout ever so slightly & added a few embellishments to the new design so they didn't look too similar. But that's just finishing details ... they are fundamentally the same design : )

It's probably easier to see how I did it by taking a look at them together. So from this ...




... to this.



Just by changing one thing. Simples!



Card Credits
Card Base: Soft Stone & Sweet Almond from 'Natural Neutrals'
Patterned Papers: 'Fairy Lights' & 'Vintage Stars' in Wild Willow
Sentiment: 'Simplest Christmas Sentiments'
Star Dies: Papertrey Ink
Hexagon Dies: MFT
Baker's Twine from The Ribbon Girl
Glitter Card

3 comments on Just Change One Thing

  1. love them Liz... the second is fab... it's like a splash of Christmastime elements on a card

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful with the changes both equally wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards you make !!!!

    ReplyDelete