Paper Piecing. It's a nice paper technique to use with images on cards.
Usually, when I do it, I paper-piece with coloured or patterned paper onto a white image. Like I did with the little birdie images on these 'Sweet Tweet' cards, and the 'Cupcake' image on this one, both of which I did a la *this*.
For my 'Little Bee Cutie' cards, I did it with a twist and paper pieced the other way around - in white paper onto a colour, or in this case kraft card. If you'd like a little step-by-step ...
1. Print your images onto a sheet of Kraft Card, and cut them to the size you need for your card.
2. Print another set of images onto White card. You could use paper for this if you like. It's easier to cut out.
3. Cut around the little bee images on the White card ...
4. ... & stick them to the image on the Kraft!
And a little colour if you like, as I did with my chalks.
It's a bit different isn't it?
- Card Bases: Kraft Card by Papertrey Ink
- Images with Sentiments: 'Little Bee Cuties' coloured with chalks
- Picot Edged Ribbon: American Krafts