I've been thinking about my Studio Spring Cleaning project that I was telling you about last week.
If you remember, my goal is to declutter & organise/redesign the Pink Petticoat Studio.
Well, I've given my project a name. I'm calling it my 'Creating Space Project'.
And I now have an Action Plan.
This is my Step One.
Decide what I want from my space and from my de-cluttering process.
I found this step very easy to do. As a general rule, I tend to be the sort of person who knows exactly what I want. And I'm good at planning too. I'm not always as good at the execution ... there are some steps ahead of me that I will find quite challenging. But I'm going to deal with those as I get to them. Just for the moment, I'm planning,
I didn't go into too much detail at this stage. My aim for Step One was to create a general overview to help me focus on my overall goal.
I know I am very lucky. I have an entire room at home that is the Pink Petticoat Studio. It isn't a dual-purpose room, in that it's the corner of a bedroom or anything, as it was when we lived in Sheffield. I started Pink Petticoat in a tiny corner of my bedroom in what was my walk-in-wardrobe. I don't think many of you knew that did you? Out came the clothes & the shoes, and in went a desk & my computer. It was very tiny. So tiny I didn't even have any room for a chair. I sat on a tiny little stool that I had to push under the desk so there was enough room to open the door when I wanted to grab a coffee. I wouldn't have been able to get out otherwise! Oh happy days! Anyway ... I digress : )
Where was I .... oh yes. I'd decided that knowing what I wanted from my space was very simple for me hadn't I?
My Creating Space is a single-use work/creative space. There is no other purpose I need to use the space for. Oh, and it's all mine too : ) Which means, I have total creative license over what I choose to do with it.
But it does have to perform several different functions for me. So my decisions ...
I want my Creating Space to have ...
- a space for running & managing Pink Petticoat
- a space for my design work and
- a space for making & creating too
I want it to be ...
- Pretty and practical and ...
- A space to inspire me!
- A space that makes me feel productive & creative and that I will be excited to work and create in everyday. A space I want to spend time in. A space I can enjoy.
- I want it to reflect who I am and my creative style. I spend a lot of time in my Studio - it's both the space I work in and the space for my creative 'me-time'. So it's important to me that I love it!
- Organised! I want a place for everything & everything in it's place. Mmmmmm ... won't that be something!
- And I want it to be easy to keep that way too.
And finally, I want the entire process to be ...
- Non-intrusive. I still want to be able to work & create and use the space I have whilst I create the space I want.
- Fun! I don't want this to be a huge chore. I want to enjoy doing this. I want to enjoy creating My Creating Space.
- I want to take a little time to do it too. I'm more than happy to put up with my current chaos whilst I create my dream space. I've put up with so far - I can put up with it a little longer. I'd be happy if it was completed within the next couple of months.
- And I don't want to blow a budget doing it. I want to find creative ways to organise it, with creative storage solutions that I can create for myself.
And if I can achieve all that, I'm going to be extremely happy : )
I think I'm now going to create a Moodboard for it.
I'll share that next.
More soon : )