Merry Christmas. Retiring. And Moving On.


Hello : )
How are you doing with your crafting for Christmas this year? Have you got it all done?

I'm done. But that's probably only because I've made very little for Christmas this year. Very little.
I made the wreath for my front door.
And I designed some new papers and things and made a few cards with them.
And that's about it this time around.

It isn't a hand crafted Christmas in my house this year.

I haven't made any of the cards I've given. I bought every card I've sent this year.
I haven't made any of the gifts I'm giving either. I've bought all of those too.
And I haven't made a single thing to decorate my tree or my home or wrap the pressies I have bought. I've just used what I already have. Or bought it.

I'm all Christmass-ed out. I've had no creative spark whatsoever for the past few weeks.
As a long-time creative, experience has taught me that this happens from time to time. And when it does I no longer really think of it as a problem or anything to be concerned about. I know that in a few days, or a few weeks, or at some point at least, something will change and I'll then be bursting with ideas and raring to get going again. I'm still waiting lol!

I've been trying to make the most of this non-creative period though to do other things. Like early spring cleaning - I know!!!! And I've been doing a little planning ahead too.

I have my New Year's Resolutions in place. Not started, but in place ; )
And amongst them, I've decided I'm going to do a little re-styling at Pink Petticoat. I want a new look … something prettier and fresher. And more pink.

So with time on my hands, I decided to get started. And it seemed to me that a great starting point for the restyle, would be to do a little decluttering in the Boutique and take out anything I didn't absolutely LOVE any more, anything I couldn't see myself creating with again. And retire it.

The results are *here*.
There are a lot of them aren't there? That surprised me a little too. But I'm going ahead and retiring each and every one of them. Most of them are going, never to return. There are a few that I'd still like to have around in some form. But these are designs that are now a few years old. And as I now have a few more years design experience under my belt since they were released, I think I can do better job with them now. So they will be tweaked and reformatted and will re-appear in a different way next year.

But if you do like any of them, now is really last chance to get them.
I decided to keep things very simple and regardless of their original retail price, they are each just £1.00. Until New Year's Eve. Then they're gone. Forever, creating space for lots of new things next year : )

Whilst I'm on the subject of the Boutique, it's probably a good time to remind you that the Introductory prices on the Pink Petticoat Christmas Collection 2013 will end in a few days too, on Christmas Eve.

Which leaves me just one final thing I want to do this year. And that is to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

My card is my personal favourite of the few cards I have managed to make this year. And the only hand crafted one I'm giving. And it's just for you.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone.
Thank you all so much for all your amazing support throughout 2013.
And I'll see you next year!



18 comments on Merry Christmas. Retiring. And Moving On.

  1. Have a fabulous Christmas Liz and all the best for 2014.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this day celebrating Yule what a perfect time for rebirth - ooking forward to what you have in store for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Liz ... I'm looking forward to seeing the new designs new year ... I can no longer find the Ombre papers in the boutique ... I use them a lot and always do a link back to Pink Petticoat so I'm guessing that they have already gone?

    Wishing you a beautiful Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ros,
      Ombre papers are still around : )
      They're here … http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/boutique_colour_collection_solid.php
      Liz
      xx

      Delete
  4. Love all that you have done so far! Your digital papers are the most amazing I have ever seen or used. I have to say I was a bit panic'd when I read "retiring" in your title but glad to know you will still be around, I love your designs and am looking forward to a new year with new treats and lots more pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retiring. And Moving On. .......I was scared to read your e-mail but now I can't wait to see what 2014 designs you are going to bring to us. I love your pretty designs and also the fact that you are based in the UK. Wishing you oodles of creativity in the coming year.

    ilove2cutpaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't do that Liz. I thought you were giving up all together. Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2014.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love everything u do. I find your papers fit every occasion along with your digital images. Thank u so much and have a lovely Christmas. Zxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel quite reassured that even you Liz have moments or weeks of no creativeness. However as you say it WILL come back and I look forward to it.

    Have a very Happy relaxing Christmas and I look forward to seeing what you will create in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your papers and digi stamps and know you will soon get your mojo back! Happy Christmas!! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know of so many people this year that have lost their 'mojo' for making Christmas cards!

    I love your papers and have made over 60 cards this Christmas...........all my 'festive stuff' is put away now....thank goodness.

    Merry Christmas

    Margaret Barke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz

    Oh my goodness you sent panic into me when I read the subject "Retiring and Moving On" I thought you were finishing Pink Petticoat! My favourite craft site!!!!

    However, pleased to see I was wrong and felt I must write to say a huge thank you for the fabulous papers you and your team design, I have bought many of them and just love them and also your lovely suggested card designs.

    You have made some really lovely papers this year, the seaside ones especially. When I get crafters block (often) I click onto your website straight away.

    A very Merry Christmas to you all and a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

    love from

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Liz

    A Merry Christmas to you.

    When I started reading you letter I thought you were really retiring - what no more Pink Petticoat I thought!! So glad when I read on that you are moving on to new and exciting things in the new year.

    We certainly all need a rest from crafting every so often, especially around Christmas when you feel that you are making cards because you have to rather than when you want to.

    A Happy New Pink Year to you, I shall look forward to seeing your emails arrive to inspire me as always.

    Best Wishes

    Viv Owers

    ReplyDelete
  13. You naughty girl Liz!! That was a very cruel blog post title!! You made my heart miss a beat or two!!!

    Have a lovely Christmas and I look forward to your new creations in 2014.

    Love Jules xx



    ReplyDelete
  14. You scared me half to death! I absolutely adore you and your creativeness and I understand taking a break more than you know. I can't wait to see all of your awesome-ness next year (no pressure)!!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz,

    Thanks for your email. I thought it was just me, all shop brought cards this year.

    You cheered me up and I used some of your excellent Christmas papers to make a card for my partner.

    Looking forward to your new designs. Happy Christmas and happy crafting 2014.

    Many thanks,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz,

    Omg, how worried was I when I saw the subject line of your email. I was concerned that you were retiring and we weren't going to see any more of your wonderful designs. Thank goodness that wasn't the case and it was just some of your older designs that were being retired off. I will have to go to the boutique and see what I need before they disappear for ever.

    Looking forward to all your new and delightful offerings in 2014.

    Thank you for all your hard work, lovely ideas and postings in 2013. This just brings me to the point of wishing you and yours a truly lovely Christmas and health, happiness and prosperity in the New Year.

    Kind Regards,

    Sue

    x

    ReplyDelete