I think I've got my mojo back : )
I think a little wander around The Range and a few little treats finally did the trick. Some new pink glitter and a few new sequins and I feel like a new crafty girl!
I've made a few bits & bobs already. I kept everything very simple to start with and stayed well within my own simple style-zone. And I used lots of pink, a colour I'm very comfortable creating with lol! I also didn't make anything that was particularly challenging for me … a couple of the things I made were inspired by projects I'd enjoyed making before. I'm going to take some photos this weekend and I'll share them all with you next week. But I wanted to start with this cute little Heart Garland which was inspired by this one that I made last year.
If you liked that one, I thought you might like this one too. And I've done a little how-to for this as well : )
You will need ...
Patterned paper, cut into 7cm x 3 1/2 cm rectangles
Small punched hearts
Natural Kraft Button Twine
1. Fold your papers in half ...
2. … sort them into colour & design and trim each set. I punched hearts into two of them and cut the bottom of one set into pennant shapes. I'll be adding coloured hearts to these later.
3. Open up one of the flags and add some adhesive to the inside. Lay the end of your twine across the centre ...
4. ... and fold it together. Leaving a space of about 1/4" (or 1/2cm), and alternating the paper designs, add your next flag in the same way.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have reached the end of your length of twine, leaving a little at the other end for hanging.
6. Stick down the little hearts.
And your little Heart Garland is finished!
Lovely, isn't it?
Have a happy crafty weekend everyone! I think I'll be joining you now : )
- Patterned Papers: 'French Script' in Washed Cream & Jet Black & White. From The Colour Collection.
- Other Paper & Card: Handmade Foil Paper. Crimson card.
- Heart Punch: Woodware Regular Heart Punch(Orange))
- Button Twine