A good question from Mandy yesterday ...
"I am in need of a new printer for my cardmaking and wondered if anyone had any ideas on a good printer. I am on a budget but I need something good quality too!
Hope someone can help
I like Epson printers Mandy. I have 2 that I use - an Epson R300 & and Epson R265.
Both of them are quite old now. The R300 is so old it is older than Pink Petticoat! And of the two, it is my favourite. The R265 is also quite old and it too is no longer in production but it has been replaced by the R285, which seems to be widely available & the price seems to be between £55.00 - £60.00 depending where you shop.
Why do I like them?
- they are InkJet Printers which still, at the moment, produce a better quality colour print than Laser Printers
- I can use paper & card up to 300gsm
- they use a simple in-at-the-top & out-at-the-bottom, paper feeding system which I prefer
- they use a 6 colour ink system for better printed colour results
- I can buy less expensive, compatible ink cartridges for them & still get true colour results on the majority of colours
- they use separate ink cartridges so I only need to replace one colour at a time. And when I want to use Epson own-brand cartridges, it is kinder to my bank balance : )
I will be hoping to replace them with an Epson brand printer when they finally die!
But this is only my experience.
If you'd like to contribute your experience with printers for Mandy, or for anyone else who's looking for information, please do : )
Categories: no label